Calling ALL beginner Cuttlebug Users!

Welcome to the Cuttlebug Blog. We are excited you have stopped by to visit. So relax, kick off your shoes and enjoy your stay here. We have decided to dedicate this site to beginners! (Seasoned Veterans welcome too!) As I am a beginner Cuttlebug'er I have looked around other blogs and get kind of discouraged by all the very advanced (and fabulous) designs. So I thought to myself, beginners need a place to feel welcome, make mistakes (as I am sure I will ;) and grow with creativity! So lets join together and Create, Inspire , Teach, Grow!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sanding Tutorial

Good saturday morning all! We have a treat for you all this morning. Since this is a beginner cuttlebug'er blog we are going to try to post more tutorials to help us all learn new techniques! Donna has a great sanding tutorial to share with you all! So I am going to turn this thing over to her and I wish you all a Scrappy Day!

This is one of my favorite things to do with an embossed image! I hope you all enjoy this tutorial.
For this technique you will need:
1) your Cuttlebug
2) an embossing folder
3) medium-fine grit sand paper
4) paper with a white core, white on the back, OR any variety of color-core paper (ie. Coredinations) that is made for embossing & sanding.
I used my Fleur di Lis embossing folder and both types of paper(white core & color core). This is how they look after they are embossed...looks good, but wait until they get sanded!

Begin sanding lightly in a circular motion, adding more pressure as desired. The more you sand, the more the image comes through!

This is the end result. The light green paper has a white core and the brown paper has a green core. I think they both look great!
Thanks,
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Awsome Idea. This will be great for my cards and Layouts.

    ReplyDelete